The Destin High School Girls Weightlifting Team is dedicated to fostering a community of strong, confident, and empowered athletes. We are committed to providing a supportive environment where young women can develop their physical strength, mental resilience, and camaraderie. Through expert coaching, inclusive practices, and a focus on personal growth, our mission is to inspire lifelong wellness and a sense of achievement both within and beyond the weight room. We believe that by embracing challenges, celebrating successes, and lifting each other up, we create not just strong bodies, but strong minds and spirits that thrive in all aspects of life.
1. Physical Strength and Fitness: We are dedicated to helping our athletes develop their physical strength, endurance, and overall fitness. We believe that a strong body is the foundation for a healthy life and improved athletic performance.
2. Team Unity and Camaraderie: We aim to create a close-knit team where athletes support and uplift each other. Through shared challenges and victories, we believe our athletes will learn the value of teamwork and mutual encouragement.
3. Self-Confidence: Our goal is to help each athlete build a strong self-image and self-confidence. Achieving personal bests in weightlifting contributes to improved self-esteem both on and off the field.
4. Mental Resilience: We are committed to teaching our athletes mental resilience, helping them overcome obstacles, manage stress, and stay focused on their goals.
5. Diversity and Inclusivity: We celebrate diversity and provide a welcoming space for athletes of all backgrounds. Our team thrives on a range of perspectives and experiences.
6. Proper Techniques and Safety: Our coaches prioritize teaching proper weightlifting techniques and safety protocols to minimize the risk of injury.
7. Goal Setting and Personal Growth: We encourage athletes to set and achieve goals, fostering a sense of accomplishment and personal growth.
8. Healthy Lifestyles: Beyond fitness, we educate athletes on nutrition, rest, and stress management, promoting overall well-being.
9. Sportsmanship: We emphasize respectful behavior and sportsmanship, representing our team and school with pride.
10. Lifelong Enthusiasm for Fitness: We aim to cultivate a lifelong passion for fitness, equipping athletes for well-rounded development beyond high school.
Ramos started his coaching career in April of 2009 at MacMurray College in Indiana, where he spent two seasons coaching running backs and linebackers. He then moved on to Division II Millersville University and served as Running Backs Coach, Strength & Conditioning Coach, and Video Coordinator for 3 seasons. In August of 2014, he accepted a strength and conditioning internship at Division I Towson University in Maryland. He spent three years at Towson University, being promoted to a full-time coaching position in the fall of 2015. While at Towson he oversaw women’s tennis, track & field, cross country, field hockey, and baseball. He assisted with the year around training of the football program. In the summer of 2017, he participated in the Bill Walsh Minority Internship program with the Washington Redskins for training camp. Ramos volunteered as a strength and conditioning coach at the University of Delaware for the fall of 2017, where he assisted with men’s lacrosse, women’s track & field, rowing, basketball and cheerleading. In August of 2018 he accepted the Linebackers Coach position at Division III Manchester University in Indiana. He spent two years at Manchester coaching linebackers and serving as the strength and conditioning coach. In August of 2020, he decided it was time to return home to the Northwest Florida and accepted a Paraprofessional PE position at Plew Elementary School in Niceville. He spent the 2020-2021 school year at Plew Elementary and Bob Sikes Elementary in Crestview. He accepted his first full time teaching position at Warrington Middle School in Pensacola for the 2021-2022 school year. Ramos came to Destin High School in the summer of 2022 after accepting a PE and multiple coaching positions. He served as Defensive Coordinator for the first ever football team at Destin High School. He currently serves as Head Cross Country Coach, Head Boys & Girls Weightlifting Coach, and Head Track & Field Coach. Coach Ramos is known to randomly Sharknado at any time on campus. Ramos earned a bachelor’s degree in athletic training from Tabor College in Kansas in 2008. He received a master’s degree in exercise science from California University of Pennsylvania in 2010.
Location: Destin High School
Address: 4325 Commons Dr W, Destin, FL 32541